Spiders are common household bugs that build webs in the corners of hidden structures in your home, such as attics, basements, and closets. While many homes have a few spiders present, some homes have an abundance – this is when it’s important to get in touch with an exterminator in Lutherville, or the surrounding areas, to help get rid of spiders from your home.
An Exterminator in Lutherville Shares Facts About Identifying Venomous Spiders
Some homeowners resort to killing common house spiders whenever they come across them. However, most house spiders are harmless, and in fact, help eliminate other pests such as mosquitoes and flies.
Three species of spiders pose a risk to human health and pets. For instance, most venomous spiders have minor markings on their bodies and are usually dark in color to blend while hiding from their prey. Below are some of the venomous spiders you should watch out for:
- The Poisonous Hobo Spider: It has a yellow marking resembling a dull striped pattern on the abdomen. This spider has a bulky head with a fuzzy appearance. These spiders are typically found in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Utah
- Black Widow Spider: It has black hues and a bright red hourglass. In some species, the hourglass may be orange rather than red, and in others, the hourglass may be incomplete, leaving a string of red and orange stripes and dots.
- The brown Recluse: This is another poisonous spider. Due to its darker tan, it easily camouflages in wood and lighter soils. The most distinct feature is their six eyes, rather than the eight in other species.
Exterminating Spiders in Your Home
Upon identifying whether the spider is venomous or not, the reasonable next step is to eliminate them to prevent them from coming back. There are several methods that an exterminator in Lutherville can use to get rid of the creepy creatures, such as:
- Chemical Insecticide Dust: This method involves sprinkling a chemical powder on the spider’s habitats. The toxic chemicals will kill and prevent the spiders from coming back. However, it would help if you let a professional do this to avoid poisoning children and pets in your home.
- Spider traps: These traps have sticky surfaces, and the bugs stick until they die. Professionals place them in spider-hiding places on the walls and floors to avoid them being touched by children.
- Spider sprays: Exterminators can either use chemical or natural sprays to disrupt the nervous system of the spiders and kill them.
Contact Raven Termite: Reliable Exterminators in Lutherville
If you believe you’re dealing with a spider infestation, then it is time to call an exterminator. Our exterminators in Lutherville use advanced techniques and equipment to remove spiders and other bugs in your home or office, restoring your peace of mind. You contact us to arrange for monthly, quarterly, or yearly pest management services.