If you just bought a house, there may be many things on your mind that you are going to need to do with the new place. One of the most important things to do is to ensure that there are no termites in the new home you have just purchased. This is where an exterminator in Glen Burnie or the surrounding areas is going to be able to help you with your new home.
How Termites Can and Will Damage Your Home
Termites can cause a lot of damage in your home. These nasty bugs that are commonly mistaken for ants will chew through any types of wood, flooring, and even the wallpaper in your home. You may just see a few termites, but there are likely thousand of them in your home.
The parts of your house that are most vulnerable to termites are slab foundations and the parts of your house where wood touches dirt. Crawl spaces that are hard for you to easily reach are also vulnerable.
Signs of Termite Damage- More From a Professional Exterminator in Glen Burnie
There are signs of termite damage that all home owners can be on the lookout for. If you see signs of termite damage, you need to take action by contacting your exterminator in Glen Burnie sooner than later. The following are common signs you have termite damage in your home.
- Wood that is hollowed out, such as on walls and floors.
- Termite droppings- it looks like a pile of sawdust.
- Wings laying around. These bugs do not keep their wings for a long period of time. If you see a pile of wings near doors and windows, you likely have termites.
- You see what appears to be flying ants — these are not ants, they are actually termites.
- Look for mud tubes- these will be thin and the same color as soil.
- Warped doors and windows may not be from the change of weather but actually from termites. Termites will cause your wood to swell.
- Blistered wood is a sign of termites which can be found on furniture and floors.
Contacting a Professional
As soon as you notice any of the signs listed above, you need to contact your Glen Burnie exterminator, Raven Termite & Pest Control. We will come in and treat your home for the termites and can bait the outside of your home to keep those bugs away. If you have any pest-related questions, feel free to contact us. Our technicians will be able to answer all your questions to get your termite situation under control.