As cold weather approaches, you are not the only one that is getting ready for the upcoming cold weather. Rodents are also making preparations, and part of these preparations include finding a place to stay, which could very well be inside your home. Consider the signs and potential problems of having rodents infesting your house when deciding whether you need rodent control in Baltimore or the surrounding areas.
Do You Need Rodent Control in Baltimore? Signs of a Rodent Infestation
If you aren\’t sure whether or not you have rodents moving into your house you\’ll want to look for signs. Catching rodents before they begin to breed in your home is important. Looking for the first sign of a rodent infestation will help.
- Droppings – As rodents scurry around your kitchen, bathroom and other rooms, they will defecate as they go. You will see droppings on your counters, in corners, and inside your drawers.
- Piles of Nesting Materials – Along with droppings, you will find piles of nesting materials in hidden nooks and crannies potentially within your kitchen drawers and under appliances and furniture. Examples of these materials include paper, cotton balls and yarn.
- Holes in Thin Walls and Food Boxes – To get to their favorite hiding places, rodents like to chew openings in thin walls. They can also chew through the boxes in your cupboards to find food.
Potential Problems Caused by Rodents. Get Rodent Control Today!
If you do find signs of an infestation, or if you see the rodents yourself, you will want ot take action quickly. Rodents pose threats to your family\’s health and well being.
- Damage to Your Home\’s Infrastructure – Rodents cause more damage than chewing holes through your walls and cupboards. They may also start chewing on your home\’s wiring, insulation and even your pipes, causing destruction that will require costly repairs.
- Spread of Diseases – If you have a rodent infestation, you and your family are at risk of contracting a number of diseases. Because the rodents spread their feces, urine and saliva all over your home, they could possibly expose your household to more than 35 diseases.
Techniques Used by Exterminators
When you seek out exterminators for rodent control in Baltimore, they have several techniques that they can use to get rid of your infestation. From using various baits, including hard, soft and liquid varieties, to tracking, trapping and exclusion, exterminators can locate and rid your home of your unwanted guests.
If you are ready to take your home back, get in touch with Raven Termite and Pest Control to have a state licensed technician provide you with a free pest inspection of your home or business.
[fusion_separator style_type=\”solid\” hide_on_mobile=\”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility\” class=\”\” id=\”\” sep_color=\”#b22632\” top_margin=\”\” bottom_margin=\”\” border_size=\”\” icon=\”\” icon_circle=\”\” icon_circle_color=\”\” width=\”\” alignment=\”center\”][/fusion_separator]
For more information on fall pest control services provided by Raven Termite and Pest Control, get in touch with us today. Save up to $75 on your initial service! Click here to start saving and have a state licensed technician provide you with a free pest inspection of your home or business.