While warmer weather is a welcome change, it’s also an ideal time for ants to enter your home and search for food. It can quickly get out of hand if you’re not careful. You need to prevent them from entering your home as they can damage your home’s structure. Get in touch with professionals in pest control in Rosedale for assistance.
Helpful Tips in Preventing Ants from Entering your Home
One of the most effective ways to prevent ants from taking over your home is by keeping the surfaces immaculately clean as much as possible. After eating, make sure to clean as you go. Know how to properly dispose of your food waste and clean up dirty dishes. Ants are also attracted to sticky and sweet substances, so it’s important to wipe down common surfaces.
Below are five more tips to prevent ants from entering your home:
1. For food leftovers, make sure you store them in properly sealed air-tight containers to deny them access to your food. If there are leftover fruits, store them in the fridge. You can get rid of ants so long as you don’t provide them with food sources.
2. Remove ant trails using vinegar and water solution, which are effective for disrupting ants and forcing them to go the other way.
3. To prevent an ant infestation, make sure to reduce or eliminate moisture. Invest in a moisture-control ventilation system or dehumidifier to get rid of ants. Keep your area clean, to keep these pests away.
4. Seal off any cracks that can be potential entrances for ants. Fix cracks around your doors and windows with caulking.
5. Set up an effective pest control plan to keep ants away. Consider contacting exterminators for this as they know the best way to prevent an ant infestation.
Contact Professionals in Pest Control in Rosedale
Professional exterminators can help permanently get rid of ants. Our team at Raven Termite & Pest Control is equipped with the right tools and experience to help us tackle any termite problem in your home. If you’re looking for reliable and trusted pest control in Rosedale, please don’t hesitate to contact Raven Termite & Pest Control today!