Fall is officially here, and with it comes a new set of pests to worry about. These critters move indoors as the mercury drops. To protect your home from pests, take some of these steps from an exterminator in Baltimore County.
1. Seal cracks and openings in your home’s exterior to keep pests from entering. One way to do that is to caulk cracks in your foundation and around windows.
2. Keep your home clean and free of food debris. Store food in sealed containers and promptly clean up any spills or crumbs.
3. Inspect packages and boxes for insects before bringing them into your home. Bugs often hitch a ride into your house on these items.
4. Keep your yard free of debris and clutter. This will make it harder for pests to find places to hide and breed.
5. Trim trees and shrubs away from your home’s exterior. This will eliminate potential access points for pests.
6. Use pest-resistant plants in landscaping around your home. Some plants, such as marigolds, can help repel insects.
7. Make sure your gutters are clean and free of debris. Clogged gutters provide a perfect breeding ground for many types of pests.
8. Store firewood at least 20 feet away from your home’s exterior. This will prevent insects and other pests from using it as a bridge to enter your home.
9. Use weatherstripping and door sweeps to seal off gaps around doors and windows. This will help keep out flying pests like mosquitoes and bees.
10. Take garbage out regularly and store it in a sealed container to keep pests from rummaging through it.
11. Use a quality insecticide to treat the perimeter of your home. This will help keep pests from getting inside.
12. Call a professional exterminator in Baltimore County if you have a serious infestation. They can eliminate the problem and help you prevent future infestations.
13. Keep your yard clean and free of debris, including fallen leaves and branches. Pests can use these as hiding places and entry points into your home.
14. Remove standing water from your property, including from clogged rain gutters, to eliminate potential breeding grounds for mosquitoes and other pests.
15. Have a professional pest control company inspect and treat your home regularly for pests.
Ready to get started? Protect your home from pests this fall with these tips. Contact Raven Termite today, one of the best exterminators in Baltimore County