It starts with one or two in your kitchen or around a windowsill. You see an ant here and there, but before you know it, there are a lot more. When left unchecked, ants can quickly establish a colony in your home. If you see ants in your home, contact Raven Termite and Pest Control, your pest control in Rosedale.
Steps You Can Take to Prevent Ants from Entering Your Home
There are some things you can do to prevent ants from entering your home, including those listed below.
- Look for scouts. Their sole job is to look for food and water, and if they find it in your home, more ants will follow.
- Clean surfaces inside and outside your home such as sweeping floors and sidewalks, vacuum daily, wipe countertops and don’t leave dirty dishes lying around.
- Store all food in sealed containers.
- Use weatherstripping to close gaps under doors, seal off holes and make sure windows don’t have gaps.
- Evict colonies from your lawn to prevent them from moving inside.
- Hire a professional exterminator like Raven Termite and Pest Control to rid your home of ants.
Benefits of a Professional Exterminator for Ant Control
An exterminator, like your pest control in Rosedale specialists at Raven Termite, will get on top of your ant problem. The following steps are used to control these pests:
- The exterminator will examine the kind of ants you have in your home and lawn and develop a strategy specifically for your home’s ant colonies.
- First a barrier will be established outside your home. The exterminator will discuss and assist in sealing any entry points, then will put down a barrier to prevent ants from entering.
- Inside the home, the most common way to control ants is the use of ant traps or baits designed to kill them.
- The final step is educating you on specific strategies for your home to prevent ants from returning.
By stopping the current issue and educating you on how to prevent future problems, you can get ants out of your home for good. For help getting rid of ants, call Raven Termite and Pest Control today. Raven Termite is your pest control specialist in Rosedale.