Having unwanted pests in your home can be frustrating. Luckily, there is an exterminator in Jessup who can help rid your home of wood borer beetles and other pests. Here\’s the information you need to determine if an infestation is occurring and how to identify these beetles.
How do You Identify Wood Borer Beetles?
There are four stages in the Wood Borer Beetle lifecycle:
- Adult beetle
There are three types of wood boring beetles, including Powderpost, Common Furniture, and Old House Borer Beetle. These beetles have a hard outer shell and vary in color. Powderpost Beetles are black or rusty red. Old House Borer Beetles are black or grey when they become adults. Common Furniture Beetles can be brown, black, or rust-colored.
What Are the Signs of Wood Borer Beetles?
There are various indications that wood borer beetles are present:
- Fresh holes in wood. You will notice oval-like or round holes in timber. The edges of the holes are sharp and have a fresh, clean appearance.
- Wood tunnels. These tunnels are often difficult to see and are known as galleries.
- Bone dust. Look for dust at the bottom of infested timber, referred to as frass. Emerging adult beetles cause bone dust.
- Weak floorboards. In an extreme infestation the floorboards of a house weaken from the beetle damage.
- Crumbling wood. You might notice crumbling wood near the corners and edges of the roof joists or floorboards.
- Dead beetles. Dead beetles are commonly found in windowsills close to infested timber and around infested timber.
- Adult beetles. You might notice multiple adult beetles emerging from infested timber at various times.
- Eggs. Wood borer beetle eggs are difficult to spot with the naked eye. The size of the eggs depends on the bottle that laid them.
- Wood Borer Larvae. These larvae are generally creamy white and has a curved shape.
Finding an Exterminator in Jessup
Think you may have a beetle infestation? It is time to call a professional! No matter your insect issues, if you\’re looking for an exterminator in Jessup, look no further than Raven Termite and Pest Control. Residential, commercial, and industrial pest control services are our specialty. Contact us today to learn more about our pest control services. We look forward to hearing from you!